Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shiso Fine - kicking it up a notch.

Oh I know I was going to post some more recipes - and I WILL - please forgive me I temporarily have my head in the quicksands of a small business course working out where and how and what to start my raw food  business.  I've been so challenged and busy and tired, that I'm a little averse to photographing the food I eat - I've found myself with insane cravings, psychological twistings and weird desires to fast (never, ever, EVER did I imagine I'd choose to do that!)  but it's left me with a deeper understanding of what is happening inside me on this raw food journey.  And that really is another, deeper story.

BUT!  I also admit, I was a little freaked out by the idea of the Botanical Cuisine Potluck, and what to bring that would fit within the rules, so I did this:
Shiso Fine
and I was really happy with it.
It's a slice of turnip (dipped in lemon water to prevent browning), shaped with a cookie cutter onto which I put a leaf of Shiso some sliced gingered burdock, a blob (OK I could say quenelle but nah) of raw carrot mousse garnished with the tip of some snow pea sprouts and a mere sprinkle of sesame seeds.

 the first on the plate
a few more

 I was really happy with this, didn't want to overcrowd the plate.
I just picked a few leaves of cicoria (Italian chicory) from the garden and there it was,

 The final plate!

It's business time.







No comments:

Post a Comment