Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blogspot Gremlins Ate My Recipes

and I'm not surprised, they were really good!

OK the kitchen renos are nearly complete so I'm sorry no recipes, they got eaten last time and I ended up with a blank post, so here come the pictures anyway...

Here's what happened to my jicama:               Jicama Ravioli with Basil/Walnut Pesto and Red Velvet Sauce.


Jicama Julienned with Pear, Hazelnuts and Avocado Dressing

 Classic hot summer recipe -  Watermelon and Jicama Salad with Chilli and Mint - juicy! 

I also promised to eviscerate and expose the guts of my other tubers, and I did, it's coming - the whole process of peeling, slicing and dehydrating is documented but I was so disappointed!  Purple sweet potato (which is white on the outside, unlike white sweet potato which is purple on the outside) is so incredibly starchy I'd rather extract the juices to starch and iron my collars - that's if I wore collars, or better, a ruff.  But who irons anyway?
Maybe more for the worms
Translation: I haven't yet hatched a plan for these starchy little felons they're in stasis in a bag in the cupboard.

 purple sweet pot = white outside, purple inside.



 white sweet pot = purply outside, white inside... not confusing.

Do I need to come back with a photo of disappointing chips? let's leave it there and I'll be back with something lovely!  Really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment