Sunday, October 24, 2010

inspect my gadgets

OK here's where I show off just how basic the tools I've been using really are...

aren't they awful?
OK, OK the Alessi citrus juicer is a thing of true beauty, a squidgoddess from another realm, and the vege spiraliser is choice, but really, my food processor is broken in three different ways, I have a cheap mandoline and a stick mixer with a slightly broken nut grinder, but I've been getting on just fine.

Things are a bit rough and chunky, and I know I'll get better textures, fineness and fluffiness with a top qual blender, but I just wanted to show that what I'm working with is nothing special, and it still works.  I made a nut milk bag out of a scrap of tulle and it works too.

My Choc-hazelnut pie is a little grainier than I wanted, but it's very very chocolately and tastes good to me! (Image and recipe coming post raspberrification of said pie)

oh and spatula and vege peeler of course - essentials!


No comments:

Post a Comment